The Breeder warrants that the Dachshund is a healthy, purebred dachshund that is current on standard immunizations. The Dachshund has been evaluated by the Breeder with respect to other representatives of the breed at approximately the same age and has been determined to be structurally and temperamentally suited to be a companion, hunting, and/or obedience dog. The Dachshund has been micro-chipped and will be registered with the American Kennel Club to Buyer at the time of purchase.
The Dachshund is guaranteed to be healthy upon delivery to the Buyer. Subject to the requirements and limitations below, the Dachshund may be returned for a refund of the Purchase Price within 14 days of receipt due to any unhealthy condition noted by the Buyer or by a licensed veterinarian.
The aforementioned guarantee is subject to the following requirements and limitations:
- Within 7 days of receipt of the Dachshund, the Buyer shall have the Dachshund undergo a thorough exam by a licensed veterinarian at the expense of the Buyer.
- Infectious diseases whose symptoms appear after the first 72 hours (3 days) are not covered under this guarantee.
- Worms/parasites are not covered under this guarantee as they are a common condition in young puppies.
- Any unhealthy condition which occurs after receipt of the Dachshund by the Buyer and is caused by an accident or negligence is not covered by this guarantee.
- The Breeder does not make any guarantee as to the Dachshund’s adult size, weight, hair, coat, skin conditions, temperament, trainability, fertility, or adult conformation.
The Breeder shall not provide a refund if the Dachshund is “put to sleep” due to a health condition without first notifying the Breeder of the condition and providing the Breeder an opportunity to rehome the Dachshund if the Breeder elects to do so.
The Buyer agrees that if he/she is unable to keep this Dachshund, he/she will not sell, give away, or otherwise dispose of this Dachshund without first contacting the Breeder. Should the Buyer become unable to care for the Dachshund at any time, the Buyer can return the Dachshund to the Breeder for placement without compensation. Under no circumstances will the Dachshund be surrendered to a dog pound, rescue operation, or humane society. If the Dachshund is lawfully in the possession of any such facility, the Breeder has exclusive right to take possession of the Dachshund, and the Buyer agrees to bear full responsibility for payment of any related fees.
The Buyer agrees to keep this Dachshund current on their veterinarian-recommended immunizations, to provide food necessary for the well-being of the Dachshund, to provide shelter from excessive heat or cold, to provide annual veterinary exams, to provide any other veterinary care necessary for the health of the Dachshund, and to register and pay taxes on the Dachshund in accordance with any applicable state or local regulations.
The Dachshund has had routine deworming, but the Buyer will need to continue deworming the Dachshund every 4 weeks until the Dachshund is 4 months old.
The Buyer agrees not to breed the Dachshund unless the Dachshund (1) was purchased with American Kennel Club full registration, (2) is at least 18 months old, and (3) has received a recent clean bill of health from a licensed veterinarian with no known defects or issues.
Last updated May 2022